3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour 1 cup Orontes Yogurt
3 ¼ cups granulated sugar 1 cup applesauce
1 ½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder 4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder 6 tablespoons butter
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt 1 ½ cups strong coffee
1 cup whole milk
5 cups confectioner sugar 1/3 cup half & half
1 ¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder ½ teaspoon salt
2 sticks of butter 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup Orontes Yogurt
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350º (F). Prepare three 9-inch metal cake pans by buttering and lightly flouring. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk to combine until combined well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, Orontes Yogurt, applesauce, eggs, butter, and vanilla; mix well to combine. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Then, carefully add the coffee to batter. Beat on medium-low speed until well combined. Do not over mix!
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Frosting:
- Sift together the confectioner sugar and cocoa powder.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until creamy for 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly add the sifted sugar/cocoa powder, alternating with the Orontes Yogurt and half and half, then add the vanilla and salt. Once all the ingredients have been added, beat on high speed until light and well combined; beat for at least 1 minute on high.
- Frost cooled cake layers as desired.
- ENJOY !!!